WE Tech MSK Open Bolt GBBR Airsoft Rifle (Option)[39168 / WE-R-M010-MSK-BK]
The MSK is the next in a stunning line of realistic gas blowback replicas from WE. This gun features a sleek modern design packed with quality of life features to improve on and at one point were intended to replace the design of the traditional M4 platform.
Among these features are complete ambidexterity, from the fire control group, to the magazine catch and bolt release. The charging handle sits forward of the ejection port, just above the handguard, making manipulation of the bolt a breeze compared to an M4, where the charging handle is on the rear of the rifle. The handguard on the rifle is a modular design that uses screw in rail panels, allowing for custom placement of the rail sections and accessories.
The rifle makes liberal use of polymer in the pistol grip and stock. The receiver is a made of aluminum with a monolithic upper rail which allows for a solid mounting platform for optics or other zero-able items like laser designators.
Performance wise, the MSK falls into predictable WE Tech performance, which is solid and very accepting of upgrades, with a million and one companies making various upgrades for just about every part of the rifle. The stock magazine has solid gas efficiency, and holds a realistic 30 rounds. The chrono reading for the MSK is solid for field at right around 400FPS, with a slight drop off as the magazine runs out of gas. Overall, the MSK is a solid out of the box option, and a great host for upgrades as well.
Up your MILSIM game with the ultimate realistic option and add the WE Tech MSK to your airsoft arsenal today!
Manufacturer: WE Tech
Model: MSK Open Bolt Gas Blowback GBBR
Muzzle Velocity: 400-430 FPS
Magazine Capacity: 32 rds
Color: Choose an Option
Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Speed Loader
Warranty Length: 45 Days
Warranty Handler: Airsoft GI (Warranty Policy)
- Realistic Blowback
- Open Bolt Gas System
- Metal Outer Barrel, Buffer Tube, Upper & Lower Receivers
- Polymer Stock & Pistol Grip
- Mock Aluminum Gas Block
- Ventilated Modular Handguard
- Flip Up Front & Rear Sights
- Retractable & Foldable Stock
- Monolithic Top Rail
- Detachable Rail Segments
- Ambidextrous Fire Selector
- Green Gas Operated Magazine
- Gas is NOT included.
- Manufacturer: WE
- Muzzle Velocity: 400-430 FPS
- Magazine Capacity: 32 rds
- Fire Mode: Safe - Semi
- Material: Metal Upper & Lower Receivers, Outer Barrel, Buffer Tube / Polymer Stock, Pistol Grip
- Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Speed Loader
- Outer Barrel Length: 16"
- Overall Length Extended: 39"
- Overall Length Retracted: 33"
I bought this rifle about a month ago, and have put in total only about 300 rounds (10 mags) through the thing. However, some drawbacks have become immediately apparent.
- Stock adjusts easily
- Easy dissassembly - no tools required for field strip
- Gas system mimics short-stroke piston automatic rifles, so is easy to familiarize yourself with.
- Good recoil and sound.
- After tuning Hop-up, VERY accurate out to ~150 feet.
- Durable receiver and frame - can take falling out of a tower with a 250lb man wearing 100lbs of gear on top of it without issue.
- Trigger action is smooth
- Recoil is well managed, reducing barrel rise while still giving that realistic kick
- Requires frequent maintenance, cleaning, and lubrication.
Seriously. After 300 rounds, I found deep gouges on the inside of the receiver and the bolt carrier. Highly recommended to field strip this gun as soon as you get it and re-lubricate the bolt assembly. Should be maintained after every time you take it out on the field.
- literally only the bolt is lubricated out of the box, so be prepared to lubricate the valves, springs, and moving parts.
- what is lubricated is done so with a very cheap grease.
- Manual does not explain things like:
- how to adjust gas usage (little selector on top of magazine, towards the bb feed = less gas)
- How to adjust the hop-up (field strip required, there is a little hex key on the top of the hop-up assembly. You have to take the barrel out of the gun to access it.)
- how to replace O-Ring seals if they begin to leak (still figuring this one out)
- anything other than do a field strip and load the thing
- If you do not tweak the gas setting on the magazines, you will blow through a full mag of gas after shooting only half the bbs inside.
- Does not come with the tools required to mount the picatinny rails on the handguard. Comes with a single hex key for the hop-up adjustment (thank god)
- adjusting the hop-up buckling requires a full field strip
- bolt carrier slides over trigger assembly, causing wear on both.
- magazine springs are initially VERY stiff, making them a pain to load, even with the included 'speed loader'.