WE Tech MSK Open Bolt GBBR Airsoft Rifle (Option)[39168 / WE-R-M010-MSK-BK]
Free Shipping for orders over $149 No Coupon needed
The MSK is the next in a stunning line of realistic gas blowback replicas from WE. This gun features a sleek modern design packed with quality of life features to improve on and at one point were intended to replace the design of the traditional M4 platform.
Among these features are complete ambidexterity, from the fire control group, to the magazine catch and bolt release. The charging handle sits forward of the ejection port, just above the handguard, making manipulation of the bolt a breeze compared to an M4, where the charging handle is on the rear of the rifle. The handguard on the rifle is a modular design that uses screw in rail panels, allowing for custom placement of the rail sections and accessories.
The rifle makes liberal use of polymer in the pistol grip and stock. The receiver is a made of aluminum with a monolithic upper rail which allows for a solid mounting platform for optics or other zero-able items like laser designators.
Performance wise, the MSK falls into predictable WE Tech performance, which is solid and very accepting of upgrades, with a million and one companies making various upgrades for just about every part of the rifle. The stock magazine has solid gas efficiency, and holds a realistic 30 rounds. The chrono reading for the MSK is solid for field at right around 400FPS, with a slight drop off as the magazine runs out of gas. Overall, the MSK is a solid out of the box option, and a great host for upgrades as well.
Up your MILSIM game with the ultimate realistic option and add the WE Tech MSK to your airsoft arsenal today!
Manufacturer: WE Tech
Model: MSK Open Bolt Gas Blowback GBBR
Muzzle Velocity: 400-430 FPS
Magazine Capacity: 32 rds
Color: Choose an Option
Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Speed Loader
Warranty Length: 45 Days
Warranty Handler: Airsoft GI (Warranty Policy)
- Realistic Blowback
- Open Bolt Gas System
- Metal Outer Barrel, Buffer Tube, Upper & Lower Receivers
- Polymer Stock & Pistol Grip
- Mock Aluminum Gas Block
- Ventilated Modular Handguard
- Flip Up Front & Rear Sights
- Retractable & Foldable Stock
- Monolithic Top Rail
- Detachable Rail Segments
- Ambidextrous Fire Selector
- Green Gas Operated Magazine
- Gas is NOT included.
- Manufacturer: WE
- Muzzle Velocity: 400-430 FPS
- Magazine Capacity: 32 rds
- Fire Mode: Safe - Semi
- Material: Metal Upper & Lower Receivers, Outer Barrel, Buffer Tube / Polymer Stock, Pistol Grip
- Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Speed Loader
- Outer Barrel Length: 16"
- Overall Length Extended: 39"
- Overall Length Retracted: 33"
I bought this rifle about a month ago, and have put in total only about 300 rounds (10 mags) through the thing. However, some drawbacks have become immediately apparent.
- Stock adjusts easily
- Easy dissassembly - no tools required for field strip
- Gas system mimics short-stroke piston automatic rifles, so is easy to familiarize yourself with.
- Good recoil and sound.
- After tuning Hop-up, VERY accurate out to ~150 feet.
- Durable receiver and frame - can take falling out of a tower with a 250lb man wearing 100lbs of gear on top of it without issue.
- Trigger action is smooth
- Recoil is well managed, reducing barrel rise while still giving that realistic kick
- Requires frequent maintenance, cleaning, and lubrication.
Seriously. After 300 rounds, I found deep gouges on the inside of the receiver and the bolt carrier. Highly recommended to field strip this gun as soon as you get it and re-lubricate the bolt assembly. Should be maintained after every time you take it out on the field.
- literally only the bolt is lubricated out of the box, so be prepared to lubricate the valves, springs, and moving parts.
- what is lubricated is done so with a very cheap grease.
- Manual does not explain things like:
- how to adjust gas usage (little selector on top of magazine, towards the bb feed = less gas)
- How to adjust the hop-up (field strip required, there is a little hex key on the top of the hop-up assembly. You have to take the barrel out of the gun to access it.)
- how to replace O-Ring seals if they begin to leak (still figuring this one out)
- anything other than do a field strip and load the thing
- If you do not tweak the gas setting on the magazines, you will blow through a full mag of gas after shooting only half the bbs inside.
- Does not come with the tools required to mount the picatinny rails on the handguard. Comes with a single hex key for the hop-up adjustment (thank god)
- adjusting the hop-up buckling requires a full field strip
- bolt carrier slides over trigger assembly, causing wear on both.
- magazine springs are initially VERY stiff, making them a pain to load, even with the included 'speed loader'.
I purchased this gun in late Aug 2020, and it's a great platform. The external/body build quality is excellent, and the gun feels rock solid. The ambidextrous controls are very handy, and being a modular platform, changing out parts such as the barrel (WE produces different barrel lengths you can purchase separately) and hand guard is very easy.
There have been reviews and videos from years ago saying that the WE MSK has cycling problems, and I think WE has fixed that since. I've had no cycling problems with my rifle (maybe I got lucky), but even if you do encounter the cycling problem, it's as easy as polishing/filing down the top of the hammer and properly lubing the moving assemblies. Don't let the old reviews and complaints from like 2015 deter you from picking up this gun!
With that being said, I think this gun is more appropriate for owners who are comfortable opening up their guns and working on the internals. You need to properly clean and maintain this rifle. This gun shoots nicely out of the box, but there are certain upgrades recommended by almost all MSK owners that will push this gun to another level of performance and reliability. Some of them are: RA-tech steel trigger set, Poseidon upgraded recoil spring, NPAS valve. You can throw a lot of money into this already expensive gun to make it an absolute unit, which is a good option to have.
- excellent construction/build quality
- fully ambidextrous
- hard kick
- shoots really hard (can be a con)
- super loud
- looks and feels great
- easy to change out parts
- good aftermarket support (RA-tech) as well as readily available OEM replacement parts from overseas (KYairsoft)
- front heavy (mine is ~8lb with the CQB barrel installed, with metal flash hider and compact flashlight). This is due to metal upper/hand guard, with polymer stock. Not a flaw with the gun, but be aware!
- as of Sept 2020, no US retailers have magazines in stock (not even the regular WE open bolt M4 GBB mags)
- recoil spring seems is a bit weak. Bolt doesn't snap forward very hard when releasing the bolt catch (can buy Poseidon's upgraded recoil spring for the MSK)
- fire selector is VERY stiff. Can't operate mine with one hand
- shoots really hard out of the box. You'll likely need to run an NPAS valve (~$20, easy install) to tune it down for most fields
- the handguard is NOT MLOK. It comes with picatinny rail sections you can attach to the handguard, but just know that the slots are NOT MLOK compatible