E&L MK18 MOD I M4 Elite Version Carbine AEG Airsoft Rifle (Black)[38184 / EL-A141E-A]
E&L's M4 MK18 Mod 1 is the newest in the line of M4 rifles from E&L Airsoft. Made entirely out of metal, save for the stock and pistol grip, the MK18 is a very solid rifle. The rail featured on the MK18 is, as the name of the rifle suggests, the MK18 RIS 2 quad rail. This rail, and overall, upper receiver group is most recognizable from use within US Special Forces units. The Barrel on this rifle is a slick 10.5 inches long, and serves to keep the rifle compact and relatively lightweight, while maintaining a useful length for ranged engagements.
The gearbox on the E&L M4s are every bit as durable as their AK line, with a very solid, steel gearbox shell and a one piece Cylinder assembly, an M120 spring, a nozzle with an O-ring for better seal, 9mm bushings and a quick change spring system are just some of the very solid parts included in the E&L Elite line of rifles.
Model: MK18 MOD I M4 Elite Version Carbine AEG Airsoft Rifle
Muzzle Velocity: 370-395 FPS
Magazine Capacity: 120 rds
Package Includes: Gun, Magazine
Warranty Length: 45 Days
Warranty Handler: Airsoft GI (Warranty Policy)
- Quick Change Spring System
- One Piece CNC Steel Outer Barrel
- Aluminum Lightweight Upper & Lower Receiver
- Aircraft Grade 6061-6 Aluminum Receivers & Buffer Tube w/ HA Type II Finish
- Improved Trigger Response
- Battery and charger are NOT included.
- Manufacturer: E&L Airsoft
- Muzzle Velocity: 370-395 FPS
- Magazine Capacity: 120 rds
- Fire Mode: Safe - Semi - Auto
- Color: Black
- Package Includes: Gun, Magazine
- Overall Length Extended: 31.2"
- Overall Length Retracted: 28"
- Cylinder Type: One Piece CNC Steel
- Piston Type: Self Lubricating
- Spring Guide Type: Large Thrust Bearing
- Gear Set Type: CNC Steel
- Motor Type: High Torque
- Hop Up Type: Rotary
- Connector: Small Tamiya
- Quick Spring Change: Yes
- Gear Box: Version 2
This is a very solid and well built M4. This is a full metal gun. I have not used it yet and just open the box. The difference between the elite and platinum version so far is it doesn't come with low resistance silver wiring and that the spring guide is made out of plastic. I did not check the motor yet but will update after the first game. I am not too concerned regarding the wiring as I was going to add a trigger and mosfet unit. I got spoiled with my G&G raider 2.0 E. Based on the QC sheet the gun should be very consistent.
The package comes with instructions, a QC sheet that shows the velocity and speed readings, extra metal black flash hider, 100 round mid cap, ladders for the hand guard (black), and tools for the buffer tube and an Allen key wrench.
- Well Built
- Great instruction (English)
- Tool to remove buffer tube
- QC sheet
- Mid Cap
- Extra Flash Hider
- Metal Rotary Hop Up
- Great quality full metal MK18 at a low cost
- Consistent shooter (based on QC sheet)
- Not a lot of Specs about each gun (Elite and Platinum)
- Wish it had a basic mosfet for LIPO battery cutoff
- Doesn't come with Deans plug (Not a big deal but just a hassle for me)
Update Review: I gotta say out of the box the gun is smooth. I had 2 outings with this rifle and man it shot well. The motor is plenty fine. Not the greatest by any means but solid. The gun will run on 11.1v but 7.4v lipo is best for the stock configuration.
The gun comes with a reinforced and radiused gearbox. Silent piston head and larger outlet on the cylinder head. The cylinder type is perfectly matched to the barrel length. Gears are solid, steel cut gears, and quiet. Nozzle doesn't come with o ring. Barrel is about 285 - 289 not quite sure. Barrel inner diameter is 6.00 mm and straight. ZCI tightbore wasn't even as straight as the stock barrel. $30 saved over buying a prome barrel (lapping cost $40 - $70 prome barrel). Needs to get lapped as it is very rough inside and results with "good enough" combat accuracy. The elite has 7 mm bearings.
Some may not like the actual spec sheet or some of the cons that my rifle had. At the end of the day the rifle is solid as hell. It even got the AR wobble too. Yes that wobble is Mil Spec. It aids in breaking down the rifle infield. This is more like a Ballistic firearm gun not a DD or BCM. Solid respectable accuracy and it works. Buy it now before they are all gone! I love this gun and can't get away from buying another one for a DMR platform.
- Solid construction
- 6 mm inner barrel
- Solid gears
- Solid compression
- Great platform to upgrade
- Yes the V2 spring guide works in this system.
- Needs to replace parts in the gearbox right away
- Plastic parts in key area (spring guide)