first off, THIS GUN IS NOT TAN BUT DARK EARTH.
When I first picked up my new King Arms/Magpul MOE Carbine I was immediately astounded by how light it was. THis is my 4th airsoft rifle I've purchased over the years (an UTG MK96 sniper, CA8-2, and last a UTG M4 Combat Commando). for the past 3 years I've been using the UTG M4 as my primary, its 10 pounds which is fine for target practice but in skirmishes after a few minute becomes quite cumbersome and difficult to use throughout a whole day at the field. Coming from the UTG my new King Arms feels weightless at about 6 pounds with all my accessories attached. Its amazing. The second thing I found with how light it was was how small it was, or at least how it felt moving around corners for clearing rooms and leaning ut of cover being only 31 inches. The gun shoots very well at targets in groupings of about 7 inch circumference from 50 yards with an excellent fps of 408 out of the box. This is an amazing one of a kind gun with amazing looks and outstanding performance. If you have the money and are looking for a field/CQB AR-15 look no further.
-extremely lightweight, sturdy, and durable frame
+ 6 pounds
+ 31 inches long
-having a gun with licensed trademarks and Magpul MOE parts makes this gun look bad ass
+ back up sights are best in the market
+ bolt catch is fun to play with for extra realism
- high fps ( mine shoots around 410fps) with VERY nice accuracy/grouping for an airsoft gun. I didn't need to adjust the hopup or motor hight, the gun was perfect out of the box.
All in all, its a very unique and realistic gun that doesn't compromise for performance. Once again I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this gun
1 Con, and 3 annoyances
- The cheap orange plastic flash hider is secured by an hex screw. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but in this case the shrew head is welded in so there is no way from my knowledge to remove it without running a very high risk of disfiguring the gun.
- The hand guard is smaller than I anticipated and doesn't fit my 9.6 V 2000mAh Nunchuck battery so I've ordered a 9.6V 1600mAh flat battery pack that I believe will fit.
- The fire selector isn't ambidextrous, its not a big deal but it would be preferable if it was
- The price for some players, I was lucky and caught it on a shocker daily deal for $308, but theirs a reason for the steep price tag, the rewards are well worth the price
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]