I have had the XCR for 5 months now, and I have this to say. It really is a fantastic airsoft gun, however my piston stripped... TWICE... Sure, I am running an 11.1v li-po in it. And I use it 2 days a week all day, but what drove me crazy is when the piston first stripped I opened the gun up for the first time... To my surprise, the stock piston is polycarb, only 1 metal tooth! Everything else about the gun was amazing. the construction, the gearbox, the M120 spring, just had a cheap piston for some reason. I now have a KWA piston in it and is works very well. I also put a 6.01mm barrel on it (247mm), a XM204 grenade laucher, madbull surefire suppressor 6.72in, King arms acog scope, and an 11.1v li-po inside a peq box. Customizing this weapon is fun no doubt!
Top 5 attributes;
5. Construction. It feels like a real rifle, and I am serious. Compare the construction of this thing to any other AEG on the market and you will think everything else is held together with tape!
4. 45 degree selector switch, makes switching from safe to full the easiest thing in the world
3. this gun fires at 375fps stock. When I chaged the barrel and piston I gained another 10. So it doesnt shoot hard enough to inflict serious injury, but it shoots hard enough to get a point across.
2.accuracy was great even with the 6.05mm stock barrel. Switch it to a 6.01 and you will both expand the range and accuracy significantly!
1. With my 11.1v li-po... (drum roll please) it has a rate of fire of 26rps/ 1560rpm! You cannot even heard the report inbetween each shot. Airsoft Gi does not recommend you use a Li-po, but if you are like me and can replace any part like its no problem, do it!
Bottom line, this is the best short range AEG I can think of.
5 worst aspects:
5.stock barrel does not have great range, replace with a tightbore.
4. The foregrip it comes with is a joke, I don't even know how you can call it a foregrip!
3. the "functioning bolt catch/release" fails after use.
2. not many battery options, but I use a Peq15 anyway.
1. Plastic piston! Drives me crazy such a celebrated gun would have such a lame piston on it. But even Achilles had his heel.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]