This is by far the best and most realistic HK416 airsoft AEG to date. The licensed HK trademarks are very nice. I've had mine since August 2012, about 2 months after VFC released this AEG with the updated HK pistol grip, HK stock and FAL style hopup wheel (perpendicular to the barrel instead of the normal M4 parallel). Since then I've used it at five outdoor games and have target practiced on soda cans with it many times. Its rate of fire is very good for a straight from the factory/stock gun. Many online reviews have this shooting at 1100-1200 bbs per second on a 9.6 and I agree that is does shoot around there. AirsoftGI chrono'd it at 355fps according to the paperwork included with the AEG. The field I play at chrono'd it at 348-353fps (over 4 shots chrono'd) using Elite Force .20g bio bbs. The trigger response is also very good for a stock gun on a 9.6v 1600man Intellect battery. This AEG is very accurate in its stock form (275mm stock barrel). I had this upgraded with a 285mm 6.01 Angel Custom tight bore and KWA 2GX M4 hop up bucking (that I swapped from my KWA 2GX M4) about a month after I got it, and it's insane how accurate this is for a CQB length rifle. The groupings for the stock AEG were already impressive, throw on a 6.01 and a good bucking and the groupings are very tight. My FPS also went up quite a bit after the internal upgrades. At my last game, it chrono'd at 350-355fps on Elite Force .25g bio bbs with the upgrades listed above. I HIGHLY recommend this AEG to anyone wanting a high end, licensed HK416 airsoft gun and is willing to pay top dollar for it. Don't let the price deter you from purchasing this masterpiece. Even at the normal $455 price tag, it's worth it.
- It's a VFC, so the quality of this AEG and its externals are top notch.
- The licensed HK trademarks look very sexy on both the lower and upper receiver. (stupid UMAREX warning is still on the other side of the lower receiver)
- The updated HK pistol grip feels SO MUCH better than a normal M4 grip.
- The updated HK stock and butt pad is VERY comfortable.
- The HK stock doesn't wobble on the buffer tube.
- The HK style iron sights are easy to use.
- It's very accurate for a CQB length barrel.
- This is THE BEST airsoft HK416 replica. Definitely beats the G&G version which I've held before.
- It's an HK416. It looks different/much cooler than all the common M4s, M16s and SCARs.
- The bolt catch is a nice feature but it gets stuck and will require you to push it back forward if it's been used quite a bit.
- Magpul PTS P-Mags will fit in the 416 receiver, but magazine catch won't catch them. So if your friends are like mine and run PTS P-Mags, you won't be able to ask for a mag if you run out in the middle of a game.
- Both Magpul PTS and Magpul Green Label E-Mags work perfectly and fit in the receiver with no problems. If money isn't an issue, I say get yourself the PTS E-Mags since the Green Labels can't be taken apart for cleaning or de-jamming the spring like the PTS E-Mags and P-Mags.
- The HK style hi-cap included with this HK416 is nice but the idea of having to use a tool to wind your hi cap in the middle of a game is just stupid. I know VFC made it this way to make the overall look of the magazine more realistic, but in my opinion the mag is pretty useless in a game.
- Some might consider the price of this AEG a con, but I say if you have the money and want THE BEST HK416 airsoft replica then get this.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]