I purchased the new updated VFC HK416 in August 2012. Since then I've shot over 15K rounds, and the gun has never had a single problem. The stock VFC barrel length is 275mm. You can easily fit an Angel Custom 6.01 285mm or 300mm tight bore barrel in it without having to worry about the barrel going past the flash hider. I used the 416 in a few airsoft games before my Angel Custom 6.01 285mm tight bore arrived, and at the field the HK416 chrono'd at 349-354 (over 3-4 shots) on .20g Elite Force biodegradable BBs (Airsoft GI chrono'd it at around 350 according to the paper included with my gun). After my Angel Custom barrel arrived, I threw it in. I fielded it at the next game and the gun chrono'd at 354-358 with Elite Force .25g biodegradable BBs. Don't let the high price deter you from getting this. If you have the $, get this instead of the G&G version. You won't regret your purchase.
- It's a VFC.
- It has licensed HK trademarks.
- It has very good range for a CQB length barrel rifle.
- It has very good trigger response, even with an Intellect 9.6v 1600mah nun-chuck. I've used a 11.1v lipo and the trigger response is jaw dropping and I haven't even changed from Tamiya connectors to deans yet.
- The rate of fire is around 1100 (maybe even 1200) with an Intellect 9.6v 1600mah. Many online reviews say it's around 1100-1200 too. Rate of fire with a 11.1v lipo is through the roof for a factory/stock gun.
- The HK stock is very comfortable and so is the new HK pistol grip.
- The new VFC hopup with the adjustment wheel that is perpendicular to the barrel is awesome. My opinion is that it's easier to adjust the hopup than the normal M4 style hopups that use 3 little gears.
- It has a bolt catch so it's easier to adjust the hopup, and bolt release works too.
- It still has the stupid Umarex paragraph on the lower receiver under the ejection port. According to VFC, Umarex requested that all HK airsoft guns coming to the US have them. LAME!!
- The bolt catch will wear out after being used quite a bit and sometimes won't catch the very first time, but from my experience that is normal for AR style bolt catches in airsoft.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]