Rater experience: EXPERT
Rater WETTI SCAR usage: Four 10-16hr games, over 2000 rounds fired, temp usage varying from 55*f - 100*F, environments (dusty, humid, dry, and wet)
- WAIT for a newer version to come out
- DO NOT PURCHASE is you are not at least moderately experienced with GBB systems
- ALWAYS keep your o-rings lubricated, it is very difficult to find cheap replacements
- ALWAYS monitor your screws for proper tightness
- ALWAYS check to see is any parts are missing
- ALWAYS clean and lubricate before and after every day of usage
- ALWAYS fire one or two rounds before getting it chrono'ed at an airsoft event
- NEVER charge/cock while the fire selector switch in on SAFE
- DO NOT use a cheap scope on this. The recoil will destroy it.
- DO NOT mount any camera/sensitive electrical device to this, it too will be damaged.
For moderate to expert users, this weapon is pretty neat. Great recoil and realism. I give it a 2 because for the average airsoft player, it is relatively high maintenance, which you and I know that not everyone is willing to endure the ritual of military weapon cleaning and maintenance. Along with the recoil, a lot of parts will be missing and/or break since the quality was not built for it. My personal thought is that this gun is no different than any other airsoft SCAR except that the functionality is purely cosmetic and designed for realism. If you do decide to get this, be prepared to constantly be cleaning it and tinkering with it to have it function properly. By saying this, I in no way state that it is a 'bad' weapon, just know what you are getting into. I really hoped this review helped you!
NOTE to all true mil-sim players, NO airsoft gun or GBB gun should be considered a rifle because all airsoft barrels are smooth bore. Both GSgt R Lee Ermy and I agree that it is safe to call these 'guns.' - for the record.
- Realistic weight, material, function
- Recoil will catch everyone's attention when ever you fire
- Ambidextrous in ever aspect, except for the folding stock
- Take down/field stripping is very similar to the FN SCAR
- Will accept both CO2 and Green gas
- Upon firing the last round of the mag, the bolt will lock to the rear, if you disable the DRY FIRE mode from the mag.
- Extending and folding stock is very durable and reliable.
- The nylon-fiber composite material is the most durable you will find on any airsoft gun. It is the closest to military grade that I have ever seen.
- Barrel retention screws are spring loaded. This means that you can loosen them and they will not fall out.
- Unlike most other airsoft guns, the lower receiver push pin will lock when it is opened, so you will never loose it.
- Charging handle is ambidextrous - beat that G36!
- NO BATTERY!
- NO GEAR BOX!
- NO WIRES!
- Great price for the weapon (not the mags)
- Will accept WE M4 mags
- Sights will hold their zero, easy to adjust
- FPS is approx 380. The first shot is always high since it is gas. This is great for acceptance into a lot of sponsored airsoft events.
- Heavier than any SCAR on the market. Very similar to the FN SCAR.
- Lower receiver trigger assembly and hammer look realistic, function realistically.
- Cheaply painted. The paint will begin to wear and scratch with normal operation. As it wears, the silver metal will shine through.
- Recoil is awesome, but this was not built for it. The recoil will cause parts to break, malfunction, and fall off. So far, I have lost the bolt catch spring, the gas selector switch tool, check piece button, and a safety spring from the trigger assembly. These were all lost/fallen off during normal operation.
- NOTE: DO NOT CHARGE/COCK YOUR WEAPON WITH THE SAFETY ON. It is designed to automatically switch to SEMI, but doing so repeatedly will cause the trigger assembly safety level to shear, causing the weapon to never fire. The hammer will still fall, but it will not fire. This was not mentioned in the manual.
- The hop up will not function properly for the first 500 rounds at least. The bb's will travel approximately 25 - 50 ft the sharply curve upward. Over time the trajectory will settle.
- When field stripping, be extremely cautious of the bolt catch. It will fall out and if you are not paying attention, you will lose it. If you do, the GBB will still function, but will not lock in the rear position.
- Keep your o-rings lubricated. They will be destroyed or rendered IN-OPERABLE if you fail to do so. Then there will be a huge drop in accuracy, FPS, and functionality.
- Contrary to the video review, the flash hider IS NOT counter-clockwise (CCW). It IS clockwise (CW)
- With this recoil, every screw on this platform WILL come loose.
- Compared to all other stock weapons, this one requires the highest maintenance.
- As will every airsoft SCAR model, the fire selector switch is reversed from the real FN SCAR-L/H
- The weapon will not break the bank, but the mags will. $40 - $48 per mag. You can get them cheaper on eBay and another website ($30).
- The rubber butt pad will fall off. It is cheaply glued. If it does, use super glue or gorilla glue and that will solve it.
Rating: [2 of 5 Stars!]