This gun is a solid shooter. I don't know how it could possibly be related to CQB guns, though. The overall build of this gun is very solid and it performs at a high level right out of the box. I chrono'd around 360 with .26 gram bb's. Once the hop-up was adjusted, my accuracy was just fine at long outdoors ranges. As for the 'sting' mentioned in another review, it seems to be true. I left a few marks with my first day of play with this gun.
- High FPS, but below 400 with .2's. Nice and outdoor field legal in most parts.
- Metal, metal everywhere. Just the extending portion of the crane stock is plastic. That's it.
- Armalite markings look very nice.
Really, what more could you want from a stock (pre-upgraded) gun?
- Dust cover doesn't stay closed very well. It has a tendency to pop open with the slightest vibration.
- The crane stock uses small caps to cover the battery. They're a pain to deal with and easy to lose.
- The magazine that came with this gun survived the first day only to fall apart at home. I was able to repair it with some seriously strong glue. Anyway, no biggie since you're going to buy a box of mags anyway, right?
The cons are very, very minimal. This gun is extremely nice and I look forward to every time I will get to use it.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]