This chest rig is extremely well made throughout. All seams are well sewn, and the materials used are top quality. One major plus for me is that it can be adjusted to fit a larger-than-average frame. I'm no small guy (4x BDU coat) and finding a good vest or chest rig that fits is very difficult. I was frankly amazed that this one fit without my having to extend the side straps at all! It is extremely comfortable to wear, with the minor exception that you have to be careful with the stiff nylon backing for the magazine retention straps on the left side as they can be a bit abrasive on bare arms. I have a hydration pack on mine and it balances very well, which is extremely important to me as I have a very bad back (arthritis).
All in all an excellent product, and one I can't recommend highly enough! Do yourself a favor and get one!
- Six magazine pouches built in, three with elastic retention straps, three with hook-and-loop closures.
- Amazingly adjustable for size, should be able to fit just about anyone.
- Good quality materials and construction.
- Very comfortable to wear, has good shoulder pads on wide straps to help support load.
- Plenty of MOLLE real estate for all the extra pouches you may want to carry.
- Includes soft foam, nylon covered inserts shaped like SAPI plates.
- Although it is highly adjustable for size it may not close down enough for smaller frames.
- Stiff nylon backing on some magazine retention straps can be a bit uncomfortable.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]