First, my current NON-CQC AEGS to compare the L-85 A2 to:
2 Marui AUGs, G&G RK104, Marui AK47, ICS M14, G&G M14...
THIS is the best AEG I have ever owned (well one of sons that is.)
The groupings are insane at 200+ feet with .25g.
Stock rate of fire and consisency is the best I have experienced and build quality is excellent overall.
Time will tell on the new gearbox design.
My G&G M14 does hold its own against it but it is a whole different beast in handling compared to the L85.
It is very sturdy and little wobble from end to end.
Now the battery can be a bit of a B!tch to get in.
It is worth the money for such an amazing and innovative stock AEG (I love bull pup designs for the size and barrel length.)
If it is in your price range, I haven't seen a stock AEG that can touch it.
And it is less $$$ or equal to at least upgrading a lesser priced AEG.
- Top of the line accuracy and VERY hard hitting.
- Excellent build quality and overall weight distibution.
- Compatible with stand M4/M16 Mags.
- Inovation on the gearbox and tear down is the new standard.
- Field or Sniper capable.
- Amazing to be able to adjust FPS for possible CQC.
- Unknown long term realibiliy.
- As with almost every AEG a few weak parts or potential break points (Like the lever to access Hop-Up)
- Oh and the Hop-Up adjustment... pain in the A$$ without a small phillips.
- Somewhat difficult battery compartment to work with (And the overall strength of it here may be a concern) but allows for a 9.6v standard pack unlike one of my AUGS.
- A few double fires every 30 shots or so.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]