I just bought this vest and although I haven't had a chance to battle test it yet, I wanted to write my first impressions. Overall the vest is of top-notch construction. It has a very nice weight and quality to it. There are a few problems though that I'll outline below.
- Very nice construction
- Fits well
- Easily adjustable
- The belt is great - I put pistol mag pouches, and an ammo dump on it and will be adding additional pouches down the road
- The MOLLE webbing on the back would be great for a large storage bag or hydration pouch but you won't want to put pouches that you need to access frequently on it. It's difficult to reach behind yourself to access pouches.
- My tactical thigh holster connects to the belt very well. If you don't have a holster for your sidearm, this vest doesn't have one. THe OE Tech Crossdraw would work better for you.
- As the previous reviewer noted, you have to be careful when you zip the vest up. The zipper is difficult to get started. Once you do it's fine.
- The mag pouches are advertised to fit 2 each. Mine don't. I'm using mid-cap Star M4 mags and I can only fit one per pouch. That's OK because I only use 7 mags total (6 on the vest, one in the gun) but if I wanted to carry more I'd have to get pouches for the back or the belt.
Overall I'm impressed with this vest but there were a few "glitches" so I can only give this a 4/5. You're not going to get anything better for the money, though! Short of buying a plate carrier and misc. pouches, this is the best vest I've seen.
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]