I'm pretty impressed - I know the price is a little high, but I'm happy with it.
The cord is about 10 inches long. Judge for yourself if that's long enough. I bought this as a cool way to have a back-up battery.
THIS CAN BE OPENED. You have to slide off the back where the seam is. It is not screwed/bolted together, but the fit is VERY tight that you really have to work it off. That exposes a plastic enclosure for the battery that you then slide out as well after you unscrew the center front cap - this fit is even tighter in the box. Again, the fit is tight enough that I checked for screws holding it together, but you just have to work it off - so it's built and held together well without the aid (and hassle) of screws.
- This is metal. It feels VERY solid. If you have a polymer AEG, this will probably feel stronger than it.
- Comes with a top rail
- Quick mounting mechanism; clamp style with the cross bolt sitting inbetween a rail. Bolt is long, so it does NOT fall out easily or by accident.
- The fake switches in the back are just tacked on - they can fall off easily. I imagine people losing these easily, and it exposes the clear arylic battery casing.
- The top rail seems to be machined out of spec on mine - it is too wide to fit anything. Will have to sand down the edges if I decide to use it but....(see below)
- This is NOT low profile in the slightest. Because of it's mount design (which I liked above), it sights somewhat high. Because of this, putting anything on the top rail seems silly - it would just protrude out even further.
- Since it's metal, it has weight to it. It's not heavy, but you'll notice it when you add it to the gun.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]