Okay, the major gripes about this weapon...i fixed within an hour of getting it.
1) Stock wobbles.
- Okay, here is your answer. If you know your ass from your elbow about guns, you know anything that is on the gun had to be put on there, so it must come off. Upon looking in the manual you will discover the butt comes off. Slide the stock back to the double notches (marking position 3 or 4 i forget which) slide the stock to the second one and rotate it to the left (as you rotate it to the right to adjust it) it will then slide completely off the gun. Now as you M4 owners will be familiar with, there is a screw inside the "buffer tube" holding the stock to the gun. You dont even need a long screwdriver. Clamp the gun between your knees (make sure the pistol grip is firmly seated forward as this screw holds it on as well) and crank that screw down as tight as you can without stripping it. Before you replace the stock, put a single layer of electrical tape around the very end of the stock tube. This really isnt necessary, but it really prevents the butt from rotating even more. Now replace the butt assembly and viola. the stock is ROCK SOLID (and i am a freak about rock solid guns, i am happy.)
2) the last four bbs dont feed.
well heres what you do. If you have a brain, you will realize that feeding problems are always aided by gravity. When you are down to the last four shots, point the gun down and then pump it with the muzzle pointed down. again. Viola. last four shots feed. Quit you PMSing.
I'm completely satisfied with my M1014. Its the most comfortable gun i have ever held.
Just to let you know, i am picky with my guns (as previously stated.) I have yet to find a problem with this gun worth complaining about. I fixed all the operational problems on the gun within an hour of taking it out of the box, i made it perfect.
What can i still pick over?
- Front sling mount wobbles about a billionth of an inch to the left and right, but who cares, i dont use a sling anyhow.
- Plastic has an odd gray powder all over it. Some places it wipes off, other places it has stayed and has "fossilized" the fingerprints of whoever put the gun together in the factory.
- Multiple flash points. It looks like a model kit, right after the parts were snapped off the sprue, however somebody forgot to sand down the bumps where it was attached.
other than that i dont care. It is reliable, durable, lightweight and DEAD ACCURATE. most people say it is dead accurate, Im not saying it because i took it out of the box and fired it at a coke can twice then ran inside to review it, i mean with .2g Airsoft Elite bbs it will go right where th sights go.
The sights and hop up are adjusted with screws that can be turned with a thumbnail.
The hop up is idiot proof. Turned to the right, screw tightens and pushes on the hop up rubber, to the left and it eases up. Mags arent a problem. A little tricky to get out wihle wearing gloves, just work them out using the little rib on the bottom by sticking your fingernail in the groove on the rear of it. other than that, no big deal.
pump handle is stiff for the first 100 or so shots, but after awhile its no big deal. if your hands are slippery or something, just grip the front edge of the handle where it slopes into the barrel.
Sights are beautiful. this is no amazing revolution to credit to CAW or ECHO1, this can only be attributed to Benelli. Way to go. (Take a toothpick and some whiteout and fill the indentations on the rear sight with whiteout and put a dot of it on the front sight.)
Unfortunately mine is out of commission. This is no fault of the gun, I simply sprayed too much lube into the barrel and didnt get it all out, and as a result, it jammed. Once i get it cleaned out though, i have no doubt that it will work beautifully.
You may ask why a shotgun fires one shot. I didnt hear any complaining when the UTG M87 came out....quit your whining. its no advantage, its one shot. no different than any other spring rifle. This one just happens to put holes through your opponents....thats all.
I bought mine as a good reliable gun for all weather. Well a game in 18 degree weather froze it solid. well screw that theory, but in DECENT WEATHER or rainy weather it is undeniably reliable. Good for our weeklong game in the summer where AEG batteries are charging. Excellent gun I highly reccomend one. Mine is stock, i dont need anything more out of it. Excellent accuracy. BUY ONE TODAY YOU WON BE DISSAPOINED.
exterior quality is lacking, but its tough and the aluminum internals make the price worth it.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]