Reviews are sometimes thin on information that you may (or may not) want to read so I thought I would do as thorough a review as possible. Here are some facts that I have found to be true in my fooling around with this weapon.
- FPS is a little higher than advertised (~460 FPS) ; I am waiting for the spring to settle in.
- 17" (410mm Inner Barrel)
- Full Metal 8mm Bushings
- Flush mount bushings (bushings are mounted flush with the gear box; makes for easy shimming)
- Self shimming spur gear
- Self shimming specter gear
- Standard strait cut bevel gear
- High Torque/Speed Motor (standard VFC from the e-series I think)
- Standard VFC Gearbox with lower reinforcement line
- Gearbox has additional material on the top portion rather than reinforcement line
- Fully LiPo Ready
- Silver Plated high quality Copper Wiring
- 6.04 Inner barrel
- Accurate at ~150 - 175 feet with .25
Overall I am really impressed with the build quality and the comfort of the weapon (for all the reasons listed above). It feels solid and is comfortable to use. I am a taller person and I don't like being all bent up as I am when I am using shorter weapons. The stock is not awesome but quite good. It's got some wobble issues (which really is not that annoying) because of the buffer tube. The battery compartment is small so it takes a little more time to get the battery installed, that being said it's not flopping around and making tons of noise either.
4.75 out of 5 (because of the crane stock issues)
- Light weight and sturdy
- Great FPS accuracy balance
- reliable internals
- LiPo ready
- KICK BUTT trade marks (should get you some street credit)
- Front slit sling mount. Provides flexibility if your using a 3 point sling
- No buffer tube sling mount (but you can install one yourself if your use to the nut on the buffer tube)
- Crane stock is a little wobbly but it's not a show stopper. Replacing the buffer tube or entire stock is the solution so may not be worth it.
- Crane stock battery compartment is tiny and take some patience to install a battery, a different crane stock would fix this.
- I wish it had a cheek riser and the rail had more QD sling mounts but that's splitting hairs.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]