For: Airsoft GI Desert G4-A1 w/ Daniel Defense 9" Lite Rail Blowback Version AEG Airsoft Gun (Custom/Tan/No Iron Sights)Product Information:
I bought this rifle almost a year ago when they first introduced the ASGI Custom line of guns, from that, it is a decent starting rifle. If you wish to use this as a long term weapon that is going to last in the future, it goes without saying that there is a serious need for upgrades to the plastic piston, easily burnt-out cylinder, and various other components within the gearbox. Upon receiving the rifle, crack open the gearbox (or have a tech you know do it for you) and see if there will be any upgrades needed in the short future - in about a month, because after light use for two months, I managed to damage several stock internal components. Again, you get what you pay for, for $250.00 this is a solid piece; but after about $200.00 more in upgrades to the internals, this will be your go-to rifle.
- It's and m4 variant, what more do you want?
- Solid construction overall, dropping this by accident will be no cause for alarm
- Mine came with BUIS (Back Up Iron SIghts), that was a plus
- Removable outer barrel to a shorter length is a plus, I put in a shorter inner barrel without paying for an other outer, it looks more like and MK18 now
- Upgrades NEEDED upon use after a month / two months
- EBB (Electric BlowBack) is useless, merely for aesthetic purposes, it sucks air away from the traveling bb and wastes energy from the battery - trash it
- This newer version doesn't come with BUIS, boo ASGI for being cheap....