|| verified buyer
For: Magpul PTS Version Ranger Plate 3 pack (OD)Product Information:
I have bought two sets so far, and neither where "Useless, Chintzy, Crappy, Pointless, Ugly and A WASTE OF MONEY". Both sets had steel plates (1.5mm thick) imbedded into the rubber, and they are strong enough to have lasted being jerked out of my pouch numerous times so far. They are easy to install and remove, Magpul even provide picture instruction on the back of the card. Just two comments on that, I found the bending the two tabs up front about 2mm up (away from the Magpul rubber) helps lock it in place like the dimples on the original mag plate did, and when you slide it on your mag, you actually hook it on one side about 1/4" off then seat the two lips on the other side in their notches before sliding it the rest of the way. It was a little awkward winding at first, but with practice, I can wind them up now almost as fast as without, besides I pre-wind them before the start of the game and then use fire discipline and rewind between fire fights.
To RH: Dude, I think you put them on backwards or something, I didn't have any of the problems you did. On your Hi-cap, once you unscrew it you can pull the internals out the top, then using a pen or something push the screw out from the inside then side the Magpul back off. I'll give you $10 for all of them, and $5 for your KWA mag, if you want to recoup some of your money.
- Sleek and Professional looking
- Works well with open top mag pouches and most closed top ones as well
- Works well on KWA and JG mags for sure
- Keeps mags their original thickness, important for some tighter mag pouches
- Definitely better than para-cord and duct tape, as this is what I had been using on my other mags!
- Requires disassembly of your mag
- Takes practice to get used to winding your mag
- Prohibits the use of electric auto-winders