|| verified buyer
For: * Discontinued * Condor Outdoor Battle Belt Small (OD)Product Information:
Using a battle belt along with suspenders can be a great way to make a breathable, low profile, high speed rig, with more modular capabilities than ALICE. This particular belt makes a great base for this type of rig.
The small size belt is divided into three sections of MOLLE webbing. The two side sections are six columns wide, while the back is eight. Each section is two rows high. This provides a stable platform for most pouches. Obviously bigger sized have more MOLLE columns. This battle belt doesn't require a riggers belt to go inside, but for heavier loads or drop legs I would recommend it. Also, an important thing to note is that these belts run quite large. At 6'1'' and 175lbs, I wouldn't consider myself small, yet this belt is the perfect size for me. Granted, I wear it slightly above my hips.
- The belt is very padded, making it really comfortable.
- The battle belt secures pouches much better than a regular riggers or pistol belt.
- The belt features openings along the bottom, allowing for a drop leg.
- It's cheaper than many other battle belts on the market, as well as more available.
- It's fairly bulky. There is a lot of extra padding and material surrounding the MOLLE. This may make it hard to run as a first line with a plate carrier. Other battle belts feature a slimmer design.
- It is made by Condor, so the quality isn't amazing. The MOLLE stitching on mine is starting to fray in some places. Though this is mostly cosmetic, as none of the loops feel weak.
- The small belt lacks a little bit of storage capability. Pouches with MOLLE on the outside are your friend.
Really, whether or not you buy this belt will come down to whether or not you want a battle belt loadout in the first place. To anyone who wants a high speed, low drag set up, this thing will do you well.