The Super Brain 989 “do-it-all” AC/DC charger will make short work of recharging & rejuvenating any battery pack from 1-8 cell lithium, 1-25 cell NiCd/NiMH & 6-24 volt lead acid and gel cell batteries. The Super Brain 989 has many new features and proprietary technology that makes it the new top choice for all RC drivers and pilots. From recreational hobbyists to pro-racers to seasoned flyers, the Super Brain 989 has it covered!
The Super Brain 989 has a genuine peak detect charge rate of 0.10 to 10 amps for NiCd and NiMH cells, and constant current/constant voltage of up to 1.2c max for charging lithium cells. There’s programmable battery cycling and conditioning, with selectable charge and discharge rate from 0.10 to 10 amps. That’s right, up to a “real” 10 amps! Temperature sensing & control too, with the included temperature probe. The Super Brain 989 is a complete AC/DC charger and comes with its own 10-amp power supply. MRC built in a 24-battery pack profile/memory feature & built-in safety confirmation to help put the correct charge in your different battery types. We included a motor break-in feature with adjustable time and output to make light work of conditioning your competition motors prior to installation.
The Super Brain 989 will accept everything from single cell glow igniters, receiver packs, transmitter packs, main power packs of all types and field packs for your starting and field equipment. Special booster circuits give you 1-30V output for bench testing and to power a comm lathe, tire truer, and portable bench tools too!
From Planes and boats, to nitro and electric radio control the new MRC Super Brain 989 Charger is simply the best of the best!
* AC/DC Thermal Controlled & Fan Cooled Battery Charger
* Patented Micro Peak® Technology Included for NiCd & NiMH
* Charges: 1 to 25 NiCd / NiMH Cells, 1 to 8 Cell Lithium, and 6-24 volt Lead Acid/Gel Cell Batteries
* Charge Rate of: 0.1A up to 10.0A for NiCd / NiMH, and 1.2c max for Lithium Cells
* Discharge Rate of: 0.1A up to 10.0A with Adjustable Cut-off Range
* Adjustable Peak Sensitivity
* 24 Battery Profile/Memory Storage with Safety
* Auto Cycle Mode For Battery Conditioning
* Adjustable Trickle Charge Feature
* Temperature Cutoff Range from 110°-160°F
* Motor Break-in Feature with Adjustable Time & Output
* 1-30VDC 10A (120VA) Adjustable Output for Comm Lathe
* AC Power Supply, Temperature Probe, & Assorted Connectors
For batteries with a mini connector a small to large adapter is required.
2013-11-23 11:57:04 M. WILT verified buyer Product Information:
This charger is amazing! I have had this charger for over a year and it does everything I wanted and more. The multiple profiles you can create for the different batteries is very handy when you have different batteries of all kinds. I purchased this battery charger because I have never had any luck with any other battery charger lasting any more than a few months. The only problem I have had with this charger is one of the wires for the charger's power has to be in a certain spot or it turns off. This charger has is very handy when an array of batteries needs to be charged. The conditioning mode of the charger is also very handy because it allows me to condition my batteries so they last longer which is always a plus! Overall this charger does what it says it will do and more. The price steep for a battery charger but like it says it's a "Super Brain" and does everything needed for a battery charger.
- Charges everything!
- Conditioning mode for your batteries
- Multiple profiles for a quick plug and charge, no adjusting multiple settings every time
- Multiple settings to customize how you want your battery to charge
- Temperature monitor to make sure the battery stays safe
- Gets the job done!
- Doesn't come with a small type battery converter
- Power wires must be in a certain spot to work (could be just a short in mine)