KWA is a well known airsoft manufacturer that has been creating high quality airsoft guns for some time. From airsoft electric guns to gas blow back airsoft guns, Engineered to Outperform, defines the quality of their products. Externally, the material they use is designed to withhold a serious amount of stress giving the gun the utmost durability. Internally, the parts used in their airsoft guns are matched to the highest degree for the smoothest operation over long periods of operation. Overall, their product truly performs on the field, KWA products stick to their motto, Engineered to Outperform.
The Magpul PTS RM4 Scout Electric Recoil Airsoft Gun by KWA is another step up to KWA's performance lineup. Internally, the Magpul Scout RM4 features KWA's newly redesigned 3GX Gearbox with a mechanical / electrical cut off system for a quick and crisp clean shot after every trigger pull. Externally, the Magpul RM4 features a full metal flat top alloy upper receiver in accompany with the Magpul PTS lower receiver. The original pistol grip, stock, and hand guard have been replaced with Magpul PTS products to decrease weight as well as increase comfort when using the airsoft gun. Overall, this is another amazing product from KWA in conjunction with Magpul PTS to produce a high performance, quick response, and lightweight airsoft gun.
Model: RM4 Scout Electric Recoil
Muzzle Velocity: 390-410 FPS
Magazine Capacity: 30/60rds
Inner Barrel Diameter: 6.05mm
Package Includes: Gun & Magazine
- Kinetic Feedback System (KFS)
- Full metal alloy flat top upper receiver
- Full metal alloy lower receiver
- Adjustable hop-up
- 3GX gearbox
- 2G high performance bucking
- Mechanical / electric cut off system
- Magpul PTS RM4 PMAG
- Magpul PTS lower receiver
- Magpul PTS MOE hand guard
- Magpul PTS MOE pistol grip
- Magpul PTS MOE stock with recoil pad
- Magpul PTS MBUS rear sight
The famous Travis Haley takes some time to speak about airsoft's capabilities as a training tool for live firearms. Travis Haley is a veteran Force Reconnaissance Marine with 15 years in field. He then served as a security contractor before joining Magpul & their training divison, Magpul Dynamics. Travis Haley is a leader in strategic and tactical shooting, and is a perfect example of a pioneer in shooting techniques.
In this video, he demonstrates the advantages of using an airsoft gun to train for real steel. Specifically, Travis Haley is using a Tokyo Marui Recoil Shock SCAR-L and M4. TM Recoil Shock AEG's are some of the most advanced airsoft guns that attempt to replicate a live firearm as much as possible. There are a multitude of advantages to using these sort of airsoft guns for firearm training. Haley lists a number of advantages:
- Convenience - Airsoft guns are a safe way to train from inside a garage or out in a backyard or if you do not have enough time to visit a range.
- Cost - The cost of firing a live firearm builds very quickly. Between range fees, ammunition cost, and gas to get out to a range, you can expect to spend a pretty penny for training with your weapon. However, the cost of an airsoft gun and ammunition is much less than that of its real steel counterpart.
- Authenticity: Airsoft attempts to replicate the weight and feel of the real gun as close as it can. It is very possible for a shooter to replicate their current set up with their airsoft replica counterparts, and it will feel and handle very similarly to your live set up.
- Safety: Airsoft is a great way to practice mechanical weapon safety habits. As long as you treat your airsoft gun as a real firearm, you will develop very strong safety practices when out on the field with an actual live unit.
- Fundamentals: The airsoft gun will feel very real in your hands and will help develop your muscle development when firing a weapon and transitioning between targets. Realistic, high quality airsoft guns will also replicate the same functions on a real firearm to facilitate realistic reloading.
Travis Haley recognizes the aspects of airsoft that cannot fully replicate firearms, but he acknowledges that there is still a very real and very solid training tool to be found. As long as you treat the airsoft gun as realistically as you would a real firearm, then you are on the right track and mindset to properly learn from one.
One of the main keys that Travis Haley focuses on in his video is the authenticity of your airsoft gun. Specifically, does your airsoft gun handle as close to the real thing as it could? Although Airsoft GI doesn't offer the Tokyo Marui Recoil System AEG's, as featured in his video, we do have the Magpul PTS RM4 Scout Electric Recoil AEG by KWA
set on preorder. This model features the same sort of realism featured in the TM Recoil System guns, and will work great as an adaptive training tool.
Train hard, but most of all, train safe.