- Airsoft GI Videos
- Product Reviews
- Product Article
- Questions & Answers
Since ICS founder and CEO Mr. Chu entered the airsoft replica market in 1995, ICS was the first AEG company specialized in designing and manufacturing in Taiwan and was the 3rd of its kind worldwide. As a professional AEG brand, "High innovation, High efficiency, and High quality" is the principle of their enterprise, and ICS insists in accepting no defective part from the factories, making no mistake on the production line, and releasing no defective product to the market.
The ICS Full Metal M4A1 Airsoft Gun is a benchmark in the Airsoft Industry. As airsoft was developing momentum and becoming more popular ICS was one of the first companies to provide an affordable full metal built gun right out of the box, and it came in the form of this M4. This gun is very carefully modeled after it's real counterpart with metal upper and lower receivers. The stock is made of polymer, like the real thing, and can house a large type battery. The fire selector is crisp and decisive. The hop up is easy to access, by pulling the charging handle the dust cover opens exposing the hop up. The forward assist functions to release gearbox tension by pushing down the anti-reversal latch, a feature not commonly found on most airsoft guns. The rear sight can be adjusted for different lighting apertures, and the carry handle can be removed in case you want to use optics. Internally the ICS M4 features a full metal gearbox and ICS' famous Turbo3000 motor. This AEG set a president for other companies to follow years ago and is still ranked up with the best of them.
Muzzle Velocity: 330-350 FPS
Magazine Capacity: 450 rounds
Package Includes: gun, magazine, bottle of BBs
Full Metal Construction
Adjustable Hop Up
Functional Charging Handle
Functional Forward Assist
Turbo 300 Motor
Easy-Pour BB Bottle
- Battery and charger are NOT included.
- Optic is NOT included.
|Muzzle Velocity||330-350 FPS|
(see all 1 reviews) or (Write a Review)
|   2013-12-10 02:28:25|
R. VOIGHT verified buyer
For: ICS M4 Full Stock Carbine AEG Airsoft Gun (Black)
I only buy ICS or G&P M4s these days. Of the 40 airsoft guns I've purchased in the last three years, six have been from ICS. ICS builds solid feeling, solid performing, reliable AEGs.
The highlight of ICS's M4 offerings is the split gearbox. You can:
1. Buy separate upper gearboxes to change FPS on the fly, or swap to a fresh upper if your piston strips. One pin, that's it.
2. Very easily change out compression parts (spring guide, spring, piston, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head, nozzle, tappet plate).
3. Build a DMR without trying to close a whole gearbox with an M150+ spring.
4. Shim the pinion to the bevel gear visually. The upper half of the gearbox isn't blocking your view.
If you can't tell, I like ICS as an upgrade platform. They perform solidly out of the box, but are exceptionally easy to upgrade. If you are new to gearbox work, ICS M4s are a great place to start.
Note that ICS M4s use imperial threads; this means that you will want to stick with G&P or ICS front ends to avoid modification. If you want to get all Magpul with it, you will want a G&P delta ring.
- Split gearbox.
- Solid construction.
- Nice stock. I'm 5'8", and the length of pull is comfortable. Also, ample battery space.
- Nice enough handguards. I prefer rails, but these are functional.
- Spring tension release via forward assist knob.
- Good stock motor.
- Good stock accuracy. Some don't care for the ICS hopup chamber, but I love it.
- Superb lower gearbox components. Every gun I've gotten has been well shimmed.
- Good wiring.
- Several nonstandard/non-Marui parts, including:
Front sight (Allen key mount instead of pins)
Stock prongs are too thick to accept standard stocks without modification
Stock post design can't easily be trimmed to accept short G&P style stocks
I've had a hard time getting certain other parts to play nice, including: air nozzle, trigger mech, and tappet plate
- While solid, receivers are nowhere near as pretty as G&P.
- No functioning bolt-catch.
- Middling quality upper gearbox components.
- Mushy fire selector (only this one of the 5 ICS M4s I've picked up had this issue, so I'm thinking dud, not feature).
Do I still recommend this gun, despite the long list of cons? Yes. Over and over. The spit gearbox is brilliant. Most of the nonstandard parts exist to accommodate the split gearbox, and ICS's quality is great. I've never had a metal receiver of theirs break. The guns are reliable without upgrades, and are very easy to upgrade if you are so inclined.
|(see all 1 reviews) or (Write a Review)